Monday, June 19, 2006

M.S.S II "There's always another alternative-cheaper ones somemore"

Earlier on, I posted that I wanted to buy a steam oven from Sharp. Having reviewed the price of it, I backed out.. I found another alternative with 1 more function and cost much lesser that that. I went down purposely to the roadshow at compass point today.... and sat there for 2 good hours to understand how the machine could help me... end up I bought it on the spot. Quite an impulsive buy I admit, coz there hasnt been much info on this yet since this steam technology is kinda of new...as in many still use the conventional oven for baking.... but seems that it very healthy.. and really good for a lazy and totally clueless abt cooking mother. Click here to read the report. To fully utilize it, I intend to try all the recipes given and also attempt to bake BB's first birthday cake, that is if time permits me to practise.

There's another one appliance which I wanted to get very much. That is the rainbow VC. It's a powerful VC that comes with a powerful price too - $3.3K okay!? It's said to be the "rolls royce" of all VC. But that's abit too much I can afford, wait til I stirke toto group 1, maybe I will consider then. Meanwhile I am always sourcing for other alternative. The next best proves to be the OSIM mermaid or iEcology, still the price is kinda of steep... with promo and trade in,it still cost $1000+ also I heard unless u wanna train musles on yr arms else give that up, its very very heavy w water in them. So I gave up the thought. The next next alternative is a german brand (i think) Karcher, also a water filtered VC but its like $700? Very tempted to buy, but still............ have to consider.. coz there's a budget to work with. There's still refrigerator, washing machine, cultery, utencils, cooking ware, airpot etc etc to buy for a simple functional kitchen... If I spend too much on a VC, I left w lesser for others. So... end of the day, I have to priotise what I need to spend on! Argh! It's such a headache setting up a home.. dont u think?

Alternatives.. alternative.. am still looking around for cheaper altenatives for everything!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home