Day 2 - 深圳一日游
Oppps sorry, I noticed I stretched my page too much due to the big pictures, but I am too lazy to resize them and host them again, so I just let it be. Hopeu u guys dont mind, got bigger pictures to see leh! Hahaha.
We joined a tour to Shenzhen, a last min decision at the airport since this is my first time and I am not confident of bringing them there. So we ended up paying HKD600 for the tour. I thought they will bring us to Shenzhen via coach, instead we still have to take the KCR railway ourselves and meet the local tourguide there. The local tourguide brought us to the Windows of the World.
and we took many photos there. It features the world famous buildings and downsize them into some scale (cannot remember)..
and there were stalls renting those costumes for picture taking sake. RMB5 per costume, so cheap, so I tried. HAhaHa! Dont laugh at me and vomit yr food out hoh!
Had a camel there too, to take photo and a 1 min ride with camel is RMB15 for 2, so we took. Scare the hell out of my MIL, she kept screaming while I was up there, so afraid that I will fall. Haha.
Although u might think i am quite insensible, coz u know they are out there to earn tourist money, I thought i would probably never have a chance to ride a camel in this lifetime, so for that RMB15 I think its rather worth. If it was an elephant or horse I wont even bother.
After the windows of the world, we went to a chinese restuarant for lunch. The toilet there (in fact in whole SZ) is horrible, I cannot describe. I was in agony as I do not know if i shld answer the nature's call first or to puke. I tried to hold my bladder as long as possible. The food is just so-so only. As hubby was smoking outside, this old granny came and beg for money, and he gave her some coins, soon another granny followed and another... what a mistake. Despite the tourguide telling us beforehand, the sight of them still touches the softspot of him.
Next we proceeded to some "museum" in quotes because basically in our opinion it is just another tourist place to tok us. The only kind of 参观 we had was a landscape and breif history of the development of shenzhen from a fishing village till how it is today. The rest were some introduction of some chinese antiques for auction for charity purpose. My FIL was damn very interested in this thing they had, called the 貔貅(pi xiu)
貔貅(pi xiu):是古代瑞兽,有独角、双角之形,短翼、卷尾、鬃须,是 最强之催财风水用具。 关于貔貅的传说非常的多,传言它是龙神的第九个儿子,因为调皮惹脑了玉皇大帝,一掌往它屁屁打下去,结果从此以后它就成了一个有口无肛门的野兽了。 貔貅生性凶猛,因为没有肛门,只进不出的传说让它的招财能力更加令人坚信不移。曾听说有经营不善的公司.工厂….等或下家运不好的人摆设一对天然玉石精雕之玉貔貅,可改变气场让貔貅替你出去招财,使事业鸿图大展,让家运顺;财运旺。传说中它可是非常喜爱金银财宝的味道,常常会咬回很多财宝博得主人的欢心喔
We stayed at the place for a very very long time, to bargain the price of the pi xiu. From a few thousand dollars RMB we managed to finally bought them at RMB 288... for charity purpose and limited edition.. how true it is. It just strike my FIL coz of the wealth inviting ability and pisses my hubby off when they finally agreed on the price, He said even if we ask for RMB 100 they will eventually agree on it. Quite true, as I have seen their persistency and desperation in clinching this deal, I bet they also earn alot even though we got 2 mini pi xiu and a 夜明珠 for free. When we walked out of the museum I saw the tourguide with an extra thing on this neck, he got himself a mini pi xiu to wear as his commission! Kaoz!
We were then brought to this silk manufacturer place to "understand how silk is produced". This so-called place also got medicine hall. The person in charge talked to us about some chinese herbs and their usefulness. Me and my hubby were so listless after we knew it is yet another tok tourist place we were playing a fool and joking around even the person was talking. Obviously he wasnt please with us, because he explicitly ask us to show him and the "doctors" some respect. We were then broken into pairs and being brought into rooms so that the doctors can 珍断 our health condition and kept them confidential. After which we were then recommended they types of herbs we should take. "Coincidentally" whatever we need are all available in there. Nothing much about silk though just go there and see silk apparels.
The tourguide must have sian 1/2 and left us at LoWu Commercial Shopping Centre, all the shops sell almost the same thing. Shoes, bags, clothings and manicure shops. They are famous for selling A 货 commonly know to us as A-grade imitations. U got to know your bargaining skills there in order to get real good and cheap stuff. For every 100RMB, maybe u can bargain 70% off the price tag. Once again, the sales gals there displayed their persistency in dealing... and showing their sincerity by slashing and cutting when we move away from their shop. Me and hubby were "harrassed" many times coz we ask and bargain and never buy. My MIL hated them coz they pestered my FIL and she had the very bad impression of them being "ckns". Kinda of hilarious. We left for dinner after one hour or so of being perstered. My bro in law just cant stand the people there and their attitude.
Going back was damn troublesome affair, not a hongkonger, we have to walked up and down here and there to find those immigration gates and health checks.We walked and walked and walked. After that still have to find where the KCR was and took a train back to HK. Eventually we managed our way, the very chilly wind that brought along the drizzle didnt helped much in our search.
When we reached Hom Hum station, getting a cab was also difficult and we again walked and walked again to find our way.
Tired from all the walking, we decided to end the day with a hot and soupy wan zhai chi and took a cab back to our hotel from there.
p/s: I regretted joining the tour, the amt we paid is not very justifiable. We were so lost especially the last part and not at all assisted in our journey back to HK.
We joined a tour to Shenzhen, a last min decision at the airport since this is my first time and I am not confident of bringing them there. So we ended up paying HKD600 for the tour. I thought they will bring us to Shenzhen via coach, instead we still have to take the KCR railway ourselves and meet the local tourguide there. The local tourguide brought us to the Windows of the World.
and we took many photos there. It features the world famous buildings and downsize them into some scale (cannot remember)..
and there were stalls renting those costumes for picture taking sake. RMB5 per costume, so cheap, so I tried. HAhaHa! Dont laugh at me and vomit yr food out hoh!
Had a camel there too, to take photo and a 1 min ride with camel is RMB15 for 2, so we took. Scare the hell out of my MIL, she kept screaming while I was up there, so afraid that I will fall. Haha.
Although u might think i am quite insensible, coz u know they are out there to earn tourist money, I thought i would probably never have a chance to ride a camel in this lifetime, so for that RMB15 I think its rather worth. If it was an elephant or horse I wont even bother.After the windows of the world, we went to a chinese restuarant for lunch. The toilet there (in fact in whole SZ) is horrible, I cannot describe. I was in agony as I do not know if i shld answer the nature's call first or to puke. I tried to hold my bladder as long as possible. The food is just so-so only. As hubby was smoking outside, this old granny came and beg for money, and he gave her some coins, soon another granny followed and another... what a mistake. Despite the tourguide telling us beforehand, the sight of them still touches the softspot of him.
Next we proceeded to some "museum" in quotes because basically in our opinion it is just another tourist place to tok us. The only kind of 参观 we had was a landscape and breif history of the development of shenzhen from a fishing village till how it is today. The rest were some introduction of some chinese antiques for auction for charity purpose. My FIL was damn very interested in this thing they had, called the 貔貅(pi xiu)
貔貅(pi xiu):是古代瑞兽,有独角、双角之形,短翼、卷尾、鬃须,是 最强之催财风水用具。 关于貔貅的传说非常的多,传言它是龙神的第九个儿子,因为调皮惹脑了玉皇大帝,一掌往它屁屁打下去,结果从此以后它就成了一个有口无肛门的野兽了。 貔貅生性凶猛,因为没有肛门,只进不出的传说让它的招财能力更加令人坚信不移。曾听说有经营不善的公司.工厂….等或下家运不好的人摆设一对天然玉石精雕之玉貔貅,可改变气场让貔貅替你出去招财,使事业鸿图大展,让家运顺;财运旺。传说中它可是非常喜爱金银财宝的味道,常常会咬回很多财宝博得主人的欢心喔
We stayed at the place for a very very long time, to bargain the price of the pi xiu. From a few thousand dollars RMB we managed to finally bought them at RMB 288... for charity purpose and limited edition.. how true it is. It just strike my FIL coz of the wealth inviting ability and pisses my hubby off when they finally agreed on the price, He said even if we ask for RMB 100 they will eventually agree on it. Quite true, as I have seen their persistency and desperation in clinching this deal, I bet they also earn alot even though we got 2 mini pi xiu and a 夜明珠 for free. When we walked out of the museum I saw the tourguide with an extra thing on this neck, he got himself a mini pi xiu to wear as his commission! Kaoz!
We were then brought to this silk manufacturer place to "understand how silk is produced". This so-called place also got medicine hall. The person in charge talked to us about some chinese herbs and their usefulness. Me and my hubby were so listless after we knew it is yet another tok tourist place we were playing a fool and joking around even the person was talking. Obviously he wasnt please with us, because he explicitly ask us to show him and the "doctors" some respect. We were then broken into pairs and being brought into rooms so that the doctors can 珍断 our health condition and kept them confidential. After which we were then recommended they types of herbs we should take. "Coincidentally" whatever we need are all available in there. Nothing much about silk though just go there and see silk apparels.
The tourguide must have sian 1/2 and left us at LoWu Commercial Shopping Centre, all the shops sell almost the same thing. Shoes, bags, clothings and manicure shops. They are famous for selling A 货 commonly know to us as A-grade imitations. U got to know your bargaining skills there in order to get real good and cheap stuff. For every 100RMB, maybe u can bargain 70% off the price tag. Once again, the sales gals there displayed their persistency in dealing... and showing their sincerity by slashing and cutting when we move away from their shop. Me and hubby were "harrassed" many times coz we ask and bargain and never buy. My MIL hated them coz they pestered my FIL and she had the very bad impression of them being "ckns". Kinda of hilarious. We left for dinner after one hour or so of being perstered. My bro in law just cant stand the people there and their attitude.
Going back was damn troublesome affair, not a hongkonger, we have to walked up and down here and there to find those immigration gates and health checks.We walked and walked and walked. After that still have to find where the KCR was and took a train back to HK. Eventually we managed our way, the very chilly wind that brought along the drizzle didnt helped much in our search.
When we reached Hom Hum station, getting a cab was also difficult and we again walked and walked again to find our way.
Tired from all the walking, we decided to end the day with a hot and soupy wan zhai chi and took a cab back to our hotel from there.
p/s: I regretted joining the tour, the amt we paid is not very justifiable. We were so lost especially the last part and not at all assisted in our journey back to HK.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home