Friday, March 03, 2006

Back from Hong Kong


Hi guys, how is everyone? Got to give you guys some "report" from my HK trip. Dont worry, I brought along many pictures, so I guess if my post is too long, u still can view some pictures to get hold of the whole "story". Hmmmm.. I am still thinking if i shld separate the posts into the different days or lump them into one. Let me try to recall as many details as possible so that I can feed u guys with juicy details of what I did for the 5 days.

We reached Hk at around 12.00pm, for a 3hr and 25 mins plane ride. It was super tiring, slept only 2.5hrs and my jeans were very tight when sitted down, so it seems abit cramp. I spent the 3 hrs sleeping and watching abit of Mr Bean.

Our first destination in HK was the Avenue of Stars - one of the tourist attraction, with its plaques (some featuring handprints of famous stars), sculptures and movie milestones of the past hundred years. Quite disappointed actually becos there werent many handprints and only one Lee Siao Long scruptureLee Siao Long scrupture. Nonetheless, we still take a walk along the Tsim Sha Tsui to the clock towerClock Tower and then proceed to take the Star Ferry to Central (中环). There we took the Star Ferry (the mode of transportation for most hongkonger to cross over to HK island before there were cars and MTRs) Enjoyed the breeze and the short trip, we bought soveniors (some road signs) while waiting for the ferry to arrive. One of the pictures we took in the ferry, my hair is so messy. Image hosting by PhotobucketAfter Took a walk, in fact a long and tiring walk (becoz the slope were steep) to the Peak Tram station, actually we could have taken a bus to bring us to The Peak, but we thought since we are here, we better go try on the Tram. Waited for 8 mins before the next tram arrives. Boy, it was very crowded due to the weekend, along the way, many fillipinos gathered and played poker cards, it's like a scene we often see in Orchard Road on Sundays... a bigger scale rather. The madam Tussade and the viewing gallery is under major renovation, so we just linger around the mall Image hosting by Photobucketand the outdoor, despite that we still get a spectacular view of HK. Image hosting by PhotobucketImage hosting by Photobucket As expected, it was very chilly and windy up there, I had to control myself from shivering when taking pictures for others and being taken.

The Q to get down the hill by the tram was very very very long, luckily for us, I knew there was bus to bring us down, so I headed them to the bus station, although it took us 30mins to get down the hill, I am sure it still beat waiting for the tram. I wonder how they can stand the coldness while waiting. I cant wait to be in indoors throughout my trip. We enjoyed the nice nice mansions owned by rich tycoons at mid-level peak.

Dinner was at the very famous 庸记 chinese restuarant, it is famous for its roast pigoen and goose, so we headed there. Image hosting by Photobucket Our Q number was 82, and its only calling 50+, we were very very hungry but determined to try the delicious poultry delicacy in HK, so we waited... for 1.5 hrs before we get to order and the time was already 9+pm. Yum yum and thumbs up for the food just that it's abit too meaty.... Bill wise was also meaty, needless to say, a 5-star restuarant leh. Took a MTR back to hotel and our day one journey ended at 12 plus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home