Saturday, December 24, 2005

Cab-Hijackers

or taxi snatchers u might want to call them. Pisses me off.
Be it, elderly, handicapped or nearly-labour-pregant woman... whichever reasons you might have to have snatched away cabs and/or shamelessly flagging down cabs in front of a Q, you really deserve a "death" sentence from me... rather, I hurl u from behide with all sort of curses. 不早死也很难. At least the "death" sentence would have been pardoned if you take the extra min of effort to let ppl know how urgent u are in need of the cab.
~*~
Yesterday, after shopping at Bugis in the afternoon, I need to go to Kallang Bahru to collect my invites. The printer closes at 6pm. I left Bugis at 5pm.. thinking that the place is at some ulu industrial park, JTC building, I had better take a cab... but e Q is just horrible...so I took a MRT to Kallang instead.
Reached Kallang around 5.10pm... and waited for cab at an unofficial Q near the busstop...it was drizzling. Seeing all the cabs putting on the changing shift and on-call signs my chances are really slim, nonetheless I kept my hope high as my destination is just round the corner.
Every cab I stopped I mentioned "Kallang Bahru" but none picked me up. Fedup. Finally someone alighted at the busstop near by and no such signs were seen, happily, I walked alittle forward getting myself ready to board the cab. Then guess what~ Out of no where, this old man (in his fifties) came. and flag. and board the cab. so fast. so fast that I couldnt react in time. It was already 5.40pm. Fedup and angry...and tired from the previous shopping...(I was carrying heavy stuff and cant put them down on the ground as it was wet) I let the matter rest thinking that he's senior citizen.
Waited and waited finally another full-shift cabbie that wasnt on-call.... but...but...but.. this another F* young gal came from behide, flagging franctically as she walked passed a barely few metres in front of me tried to hijacked the cab. NABEIZ. This time round, luckily the traffic was slower coz there were buses stopping at the busstop, I managed to go and gave her a light tap but a fierce look and said "Do u know there's a Q behind, pls join the Q!" Opened the cab door and slammed at her after I "gin-ned" or stared at her. It's been a long time since I displayed my ah 莲本色 (ooopsss.. 我不是阿莲, 阿莲不是我).... still I "ah-leed" and lamented and curse at the gal in front of the driver. Dun care liao.
My cab fare was $2.80. Think it was only a 2-5 min ride, yet I waited for more than 30mins and got my blood pressure up by a few notches because of these $^#^#$ people. Fuming Mad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home