Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Yet another experience in SGH

I think I clocked most hours in hospital (particularly SGH) this year in my entire life.
I was there again yesterday night... I was deciding between SGH or private hospital (due to the waiting time) and thought I shld stick to SGH for the government grant (look at bill, amt $147) quite a hefty sum I think.. and the waiting time shldnt be long since it's 3am in the morning... So I crunched tummy and curled like a cooked prawn and took a cab... It was quite bad.. till the nurse had to put me on wheelchair and help me out the cab. I was alone.
The waiting time to register and see a doctor was slightly faster than in the day time. This round, I waited for an hr before the doctor see me. He did blood test and urine test on me and gave me a jab. Urine test is ok, but not blood and jab!! I almost wanted to run out when I overheard him giving instruction to the nurse about the jab thingy.... but no escape for me... I was crying to the nurse when he pricked the needle into my arm...then I think he tried to divert my attention.. and started asking if I am alone, why my parents or bf no come and things like that...wa lan.. make me cry even more loh..stupid nurse.. no emphathy leh.
I was asked to go to the observation ward to wait to be observed while the medicine takes effect but the observation ward was full, I make my way to the waiting area. Many encounters again.
The ambulance came, and a group of ppl with police came into the A&E, this guy was bleeding from his back. I think he was slashed with knife or something..and 3 other guys being handcuffed were slightly hurted and was recording statement with those polices. Shld be a gangfight somewhere in town. I saw the bleeding guy went into the minor op theatre and he was screaming inside...after his wound was dressed he kept shouting he wants to go home and hurls vulgarities at the surgeon/ nurse..shortly after his relatives came and calmed him down. At the other end of the room, those not-so-hurted-ah-bengs were still being questioned.
This other fat indian guy was wheeling around with his wheelchair, he really made me confused. In the midst of managing my pain and sleepyness I saw him walking around and speaking hokkien to other patients.... when I was fully awake I see him in the wheelchair again! but confirm he speak hokkien.....
Another guy, 2nd patient to enter minor op theatre..was there to "ampute" his toe.. coz it was "rotting" from the way i see it.... when he came out.. his big toe was as big a pc as a old ginger..
Saw many old people being brought into wards to stay... and was on drip and respiratory aid....
Like this, I "killed" my 4 lonely hours there...4 hours because the doctor had to attend to those other walk-in patients after me..else I think I be done in 2 hours at most...and that's the differences between a private hospital and a govt subsi one...they wanna maximise efficiency by utilising less doc and "multi-task" them...
Next time if u wanna go hospital (choy choy choy!!) get a companion, its really lonely especially sad things happening everywhere around and go to a private hospital! I regretted...coz I just recalled I bought Pink of Health!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger crying baby said...

You can always called me when you need someone.....I am just a call away....

However, you have to take good care of yourself. If not, how are you going to take care of your ah ma & parents.

2:07 PM  
Blogger Rosebud said...

I am also a call away...i am always avaiable for the "family members"...

please take care of yourself... "mei ren teng de nu ren" must teng each other more so please call me when you want someone to stand next to you:)

1:43 PM  
Blogger The store keeper said...

thanks, appreciate yr kindness...

at 4am in the morning i dare not even ask my granny...let alone u guys... ;P

11:46 PM  
Blogger Hairy Crab said...

Do take care of your health.

Don't complain lah.. its the requirement of the hospital to go through the long and tedious process of registering etc. Until they came up with a much better way to register, patients just have to be patient... thats why they called patients (to remind them to be patient) :p

11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home